1. Threats and fear of abandonment. These can lead to jealousy and feelings of insecurity.
2. Lack of emotional nurturing. This can lead to feelings of emotional deprivation which can feel like a bottomless pit to fill.
3. Growing up with feelings of entitlement. This can lead to feeling as if you don’t have to live by the same rules as others as you are special and a bit superior.
4. Being told that you’re inferior or inadequate. This causes you feel like you’re never good enough.
5. The demand to be perfect and to always get things right. This can leading to being driven and having incredibly high standards.
6. Being betrayed by those you trusted so that you won’t trust now, and you can’t get close to others or let them get close to you.
7. Being raised in a way that your needs were denied, not allowed, disregarded, trivialised or ignored. This can lead to a doormat type of personality where other people matter and your needs never count.
Photo via Briqou