1. Don’t expect empathy, understanding, praise or recognition from a narcissistic person. Keep your private thoughts and feelings close to your heart, and don’t open up and make yourself vulnerable.
2. Expect them to be rude and to say offensive things.
3. Don’t be offended by the things they say and do as it’s not about you – they treat others the same way.
4. Make a lot of their achievements known and praise them publicly as they’re always looking to be noticed and affirmed.
5. Don’t try to get a narcissist to see things differently as they’re not going to change or be influenced by you.
6. Understand that a narcissist is going to drain you dry and will guilt you into thinking that you haven’t done enough. However, it’s actually not true; they just can’t be satisfied.
7. Don’t push for a meaningful relationship with them as it will always be one-sided; look for love from someone else.
Photo via Birdasaurus