1. First, figure out what matters most to you.
2. Have the courage to live that life, no matter how hard it is, and no matter how much others mock or criticize you because of it.
3. Don’t look to others for affirmation and approval. You need to be true to yourself, and not to others.
4. Discover what you’re really passionate about. What makes you lose all sense of time, and leaves you feeling relaxed and fulfilled?
5. Be willing to experiment with other interests, too. We’re usually interested in lots of different things, and that brings balance to our personality.
6. Respect and listen to that quiet inner voice. It will redirect you if you start to veer off course.
7. Pursue excellence in everything you do. Work hard, acquire knowledge, and develop your skills.
8. Invest your knowledge and abilities in making a real difference in the lives of other people.
9. Make friends with failure – it’s a crucial part of growth. It means that you are trying, and not wasting your life.
10. Build strong and lasting relationships. Little else will matter if you end up all alone.