1. Remember that healing is a long, slow process. Breaking up is painful and unleashes strong emotions, so be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to grieve.
2. Accept that some relationships are not meant to last. It’s a fact of life that we all want different things and we’re not always suited to the person we are dating.
3. Reflect on what you learned from the relationship. Grow through your experience and become more self-aware.
4. Rediscover who you are as a unique individual. We can sometimes lose ourselves when we’re part of a couple, so use this time to focus on yourself again.
5. Invest in your interests and passions. There’s so much more to life than being with one person. So, use this time to do the things you really love to do.
Photo via Design Sponge