1. Acknowledge how you feel, and accept that this is going to be a more challenging day.
2. Commit to doing the absolute essentials but don’t push yourself to do everything.
3. Prioritize what’s important. For example, if you have a paper due that is worth a large percentage of your marks, work on that. If it is something that can wait, set it aside for now.
4. Work through your to-do list in small chunks of time – making sure you get plenty of breaks.
5. Tell someone who will understand. We need to get support when we’re feeling low but not everyone will be there for you. Figure out who will be there, and who won’t be there, for you.
6. Be wise in your use of social media. It may be good to go offline for a while, to switch off your phone and to protect yourself from stuff that just exacerbates the way you feel.
7. Make sure you leave the house and get a change of scenery.
8. Deliberately invest in some form of self-care and make sure it’s something that you know will help your mood. Also, remember that tomorrow is another day.
I have been feeling depressed lately and these tips have helped massively in helping me stay on top of life. Remember to take it one hour, one day at a time. Keep going – you will get through this. I believe in you!