1. Dishonesty. He or she repeatedly lies to you about where they were, what they were doing, who they were with etc.
2. Lack of support for you. He or she is always looking for support from you but gives very little back in return. You are the one who makes the most of the effort and does the most of the work in the relationship.
3. Cheating. Any affair is cause to question your relationship. Repeated affairs should be a deal breaker.
4. Condescension. If your partner frequently acts superior, condescendingly or rudely toward you, criticises and puts you down in front of others or deliberately tries to make you feel worthless and inadequate, then this is a toxic relationship. It’s time to say goodbye and walk away.
5. Volatile mood swings. Don’t hang around with someone who can suddenly turn nasty or who likes to rant, rave and dump their feelings on you. While everyone is subject to some mood swings at times, don’t spend time with people whose emotions dominate.
6. Violence. Any violent relationship is a destructive and dangerous relationship. Love and violence should never co-exist.
7. The feelings have changed. Sometimes you notice that you have both changed and grown apart and don’t feel as if you love that person anymore. If the romance is past its due-date, and you don’t have much in common anymore, then it’s time to do the right thing by you both and walk away.
Photo via Briqou