1. Recognize that there are few true overnight successes. Most people get there slowly, over time, through perseverance and hard work.
2. Most (if not all) people grapple with self doubt and insecurity. It’s what you do with those feelings that matters. You either push through them and ignore your feelings, or you let them rule you and compromise success.
3. Always keep the bigger picture in mind. One or two slips ups – or even one or two disasters – doesn’t mean the game is over. Just get up and push ahead.
4. Kick yourself out of your comfort zone. It’s natural to feel frightened when you’re faced with the unknown. What if we are rejected? What if we try and fail? These are normal questions that everyone must cope with. But you’ll feel so much better when you try – and then succeed!
5. Start small, be consistent, and keep taking the next step. It takes time to learn the ropes and to make progress at the start. Be patient – it’s a journey – and you’ll get there in the end.
6. Seek out role models who have trodden the same path. Closely follow their example and watch and learn from them.