1. Be honest with yourself and accept how you feel. You can’t work with your feelings if you deny they are real.
2. At the same time, don’t keep going over the negative events or they’ll start to dominate you, spiral and get worse.
3. Don’t react right away – take a breath and count to 10. Make sure you keep control and don’t do something you’ll later regret.
4. Try to notice what triggers provoke negative feelings – and when you’re calm, try to think about how to cope and deal with them.
5. Think of things that you can do to try and help improve your mood such as going for a jog or talking with a caring friend.
6. Remind yourself that you are valuable and have a lot to offer. Think of all your strengths and all the good things you have done.
7. Choose just to let go of the past and focus on the present. Don’t let it stop you living and having a great life.
Photo via Briqou